By Patricia A. Dunkel, Frank Pialorsi
The 3rd version of this groundbreaking publication contains videotaped lectures in DVD or VHS structure. Now academics can use the audio software (available on either tapes and CD) with the help of video simulation of an instructional lecture event. Many new and up to date lectures with high-interest subject matters are integrated. Lectures and readings on themes of common curiosity offer stimulating content-based fabric for constructing comprehension, notetaking, and educational research talents.
Read or Download Advanced Listening Comprehension: Developing Aural and Notetaking Skills PDF
Best english as a second language books
I purchased a booklet, a communicative grammar of english for my spouse from amazon. in reality, i haven't regretted I did this. The publication got here in sturdy time and is operating wonders for my spouse in her English literature direction. This ebook is lovely, very beautiful, and written such that it may simply be learn and contents understood.
An ELT sequence which gives video games and puzzles that target development vocabulary from newbie to upper-intermediate point.
Forming a part of a chain on English language instructing, this instructor source booklet features a set of photocopiable photo activates, within the kind of caricature photographs and imagine forums, for crucial language paintings. those photograph activates contain goods of uncomplicated vocabulary, in addition to goods for language extension paintings, and will be used for either presentation and perform.
- A Practical English Grammar: Exercises 2 (Bk. 2)
- Fundamentals of English Grammar,
- Successful Writing: Teacher's Book Upper intermediate
- Business Vocabulary in Use Elementary (Vocabulary in Use)
- Blueprint Intermediate: Student's Book (Blueprint Series)
- English Learning English Vocabulary in Use Pre-Intermediate & Intermediate
Extra info for Advanced Listening Comprehension: Developing Aural and Notetaking Skills
Why? What would you like to learn? 5. Explain how anthropology can help us plan for the future and solve human problems. 6. Explain the different ways that culture is defined in the lecture. 7. Is knowing the words of another language enough for meaningful communication? What else is needed? 8. Which of Seelye's six skills for intercultural communication do you think is the most important? 9. Give an example of a multicultural society. Why is it considered multicultural? 10. Think about the three universals common to all cultures.
3. The lecturer comments that the pyramids are very puzzling monuments and that many questions and mysteries surround the Egyptian pyramids. As a group, make a list of the questions and mysteries that the lecturer mentioned; then add questions that your group has about the pyramids that were not answered in the lecture. IV. READING EXPANSION A. Reading a Magazine Article The next passage is an excerpt from an article that appeared in National Geographic magazine. Before you read the passage, answer the following questions: 1.
Explain why King Thutmose I decided not to be buried in a pyramid. Why had the pharaohs before him built the pyramids? What other ways do you think the Egyptian pharaohs could have solved the problems they encountered with their system of burial? 2. The construction of pyramids was an example of the search for everlasting life. In what other ways have people searched for immortality? Why do you think people continue to search for immortality? 3. The lecturer comments that the pyramids are very puzzling monuments and that many questions and mysteries surround the Egyptian pyramids.
Advanced Listening Comprehension: Developing Aural and Notetaking Skills by Patricia A. Dunkel, Frank Pialorsi